Postdoctoral researcher in the field of CAR- and TCR-cell therapy for cancer
What are you going to do?
You will be joining our research group under supervision of Prof Sébastien Anguille (Head, Division of Hematology (UZA) and Laboratory of Experimental Hematology (UAntwerp) and Prof Eva Lion (Group leader, Tumor Immunology Group, LEH (UAntwerp)).
- You will perform basic and translational research in the field of CAR- and TCR-based cellular immunotherapy for cancer and non-viral gene-delivery systems.
- You will become mentor of PhD students, providing scientific and practical support, in tandem with a senior postdoc, with the ambition to further expand the research program with the input of own expertise and concepts.
- You will generate output in the form of scientific publications, project applications, valorization, science communication, education and training.
- Together we expand an interdisciplinary network, within the Antwerp University Hospital/University of Antwerp and with national and international academic and industry partners.
Who are we looking for?
You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in Medicine, Biomedicine, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmacy or an equivalent discipline.
- You qualify to apply for independent funding for a junior/senior postdoctoral fellowship by the Fund for Scientific Research (mandatory application), European Hematology Association, Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions, European Research Council or equivalent national or European organization.
- You have an outstanding publication record with at least three publications as first author.
You are fluent in academic English (speaking and writing).
You have experience in cellular immunology, preferably in tumor immunology, and in sterile cell culture techniques.
You have experience with at least one of the following techniques: flow cytometry, single cell sorting, gene-delivery systems (electroporation, CRISPR, transposon), mRNA design and production, sequencing.
You are a highly motivated entrepreneur and team player, analytic, accurate and creative.
You are familiar with Office applications, ICT and data management.
What can you expect?
A full-time position for a period of 12 months, during which you must apply for a personal postdoc fellowship. Anticipated start October 1st, 2022.
You will receive meal vouchers of 4 EUR/day (8h), there are various child care options and there is a free staff car park.
Excellent training conditions, with the possibility to learn a wide set of cutting-edge technologies.
A young, dynamic and scientifically stimulating working environment, with a team of highly motivated scientists.
Interested in being part of our team?
You can apply for this vacancy through the UZA online job application platform. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments in pdf format:
- a motivation letter
- your CV, containing a (link to the) full list of publications
- a 2-page summary of your preceding PhD and post-doctoral research
- two reference letters
- a copy of your three first author publications
A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications, after which you may be invited for online or onsite interview (exact date will be discussed upon availability).
For additional information on the position contact Prof Sébastien Anguille (firstname.lastname@example.org; https://www.uza.be/persoon/prof-dr-sebastien-anguille and https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/personeel/sebastien-anguille/onderzoek/) and/or Prof Eva Lion (email@example.com; https://www.uantwerpen.be/nl/personeel/eva-lion/onderzoek/).
For additional information on the recruitment process, you can contact Annemiek Lemmens, HR employee (firstname.lastname@example.org).